Tobacco Cessation Program
- Call for the next available session
- Space is limited!
- Class times offered: 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.
Addiction can be broken, even if you have quit smoking before and started again. Every time you quit you are closer to success. Memorial Hospital sponsors this FREE 6-week program. Classes meet once a week for 6 weeks with follow-up services.
Pre-registration is required.
Tobacco Treatment Classes
All participants must pre-register for this free six-week Tobacco Treatment Program by calling (228) 867-4022 and leaving a message. One of our Tobacco Treatment Specialists will return your call. The program implements cognitive behavioral tobacco treatment, pharmacotherapy and carbon monoxide monitoring.
Follow-up sessions (post treatment) will be provided for each patient until they complete the use of any pharmacotherapy and then by telephone for their first year.
You Can Do It!
- Have a plan and set a quit date.
- Plan something enjoyable to do every day that does not include tobacco.
- Watch people around you who do not use tobacco.
- Ask yourself, "Do I really want this cigarette right now?"
- Wash the clothes you regularly wear.
- Clean out your car.
- Give away all your ashtrays.
- Make a commitment to having a tobacco-free home.