Classes meet weekly:
- Physician referral required
This class, approved by the American Diabetes Association, is available by physician referral for anyone with diabetes.
Participants learn skills for self-management, proper nutrition and coping with stress, as well as become educated about potential complications, medications and the benefits of exercise.
Medicare and insurance providers require participants to have a referral signed by a physician to access our services
Outpatient education is individualized based on a participant's needs. In addition to Diabetes Education Classes, we offer:
- Individualized one-on-one diabetes education
- Instruction on administering insulin
- Instruction on monitoring blood glucose levels
- Medical nutrition therapy service
For more information call
Pam Davis RN, CDE at 228-867-4131