- Located on the 2nd Floor (across from elevators)
- Monday — Friday
- 8:00 a.m.— 4:00 p.m.
- Consultations: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Telephone assistance available 7 days a week by calling 867-4053
Memorial Breastfeeding Center is the regional center for breastfeeding education and assistance on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. When it comes to your baby's nutrition, only the best should do. Memorial Breastfeeding Center is staffed by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
The Breastfeeding Center offers:
- Breast Pump Sales & Rentals
- Nursing supplies
- Nursing bra fitting - specializing in hard-to-fit sizes
- Inpatient/Outpatient MD consultations
- Assistance with self-referrals
- Community Speaking & Breastfeeding Advocate
- Free prenatal Breastfeeding Classes (Call 575-2299 to register)
- Maternity and postpartum tummy supports
- Educational information - lactation articles, up-to-date research and literature
- Additional breastfeeding resources from the web
More information on Breastfeeding Consultations.
Referrals are always welcome. Stop by to browse the large selection of breast pumps and nursing supplies.
The Memorial Hospital Foundation received a $9,000 grant from the Gulf Coast Community Foundation to fund improvements to the Memorial Breastfeeding Center. The project was supported by the Mississippi Hurricane Recovery Fund, a fund of the Gulf Coast Community Foundation. The funds allowed the Breastfeeding Center to offer a consultation area, a supply and display area, an office, and purchase a scale that can determine the actual amount of breast milk a baby received.