Symptoms of Infection
Some wounds are more likely to become infected than others. If you have a wound with any of the following symptoms, it may mean you have an infection:
- Wound feels hot
- Always painful or throbbing
- Area around the wound is swollen
- Wound produces pus, drainage, or has a bad odor
- Skin around the wound is red
How to Identify a Problem Wound
If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions, please don't wait.
Contact your physician immediately, or call our friendly staff at (228) 867-4499 and ask for help. Even though referral by your physician is preferred, it is not required.
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you have a wound that is getting worse instead of better?
- Is your physician disappointed with the healing progress of a wound?
- Do you have an open wound?
- Do you have a wound that has not healed within 30 days