|Classes meet monthly with day or evening hours available
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Physician referral required
- Click here for schedule
This three-day class, approved by the American Diabetes Association, is available by physician referral for anyone with diabetes.
Participants learn skills for self-management, proper nutrition and coping with stress, as well as become educated about potential complications, medications and the benefits of exercise.
Medicare and insurance providers require participants to have a Memorial Hospital Diabetes Teaching Form signed by a physician to access our services.
Outpatient education is individualized based on a participant's needs. In addition to Diabetes Education Classes, we offer:
- Individualized one-on-one diabetes education
- Instruction on administering insulin
- Instruction on monitoring blood glucose levels
- Medical nutrition therapy service